The 28th edition of the International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering (SANER’21) will feature an Early Research Achievements (ERA) track.
The goal of the ERA track is to provide researchers and practitioners with a forum for presenting promising ideas in early stages of research. These ideas do not require a strong empirical evaluation. The 2021 ERA track aims to provide constructive feedback to guide authors from their initial ideas and limited evaluations toward solid SANER 2021 papers with strong empirical underpinnings. The ERA track is specifically looking for fresh, innovative, provocative ideas. We aim to create an open atmosphere where discussion and feedback stands central.
The topics of interest for the ERA track are the same as the main research track and concern all the topics in the research and practice of software analysis, evolution, and reengineering.
Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of their originality, potential impact, technical soundness, evaluation, quality of presentation, and appropriate comparison to related work. Emphasis will be put on the originality and timeliness of the proposed contribution; a full evaluation of the proposed ideas is not required.
- Papers must not exceed five pages (including all text, figures, references, and appendices)
- Papers must conform to the IEEE proceedings paper format guidelines
- Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format via the SANER 2021 EasyChair submission site
Important note: SANER 2021 follows a full double-blind review process. Submissions that do not adhere to these limits or that violate the formatting guidelines will be desk-rejected without review.
Papers submitted to the ERA must not have been previously accepted for publication or submitted for review to another publication venue.
- Abstract submission deadline: November 12, 2020
- Paper submission deadline: November 19, 2020
- Notifications: December 14, 2020
- Camera Ready: January 12, 2021
- Submission Page: TBD